A Heavy Vehicle Service Technician will inspect, maintain, and repair large vehicles weighing 3.5 tonnes and over.
The Heavy Vehicle Technicians jobs fall into three main categories:
• Servicing – carrying out checks
• Maintenance – replacing / repairing engine parts
• Diagnostics – using the latest diagnostic equipment
As an apprentice, you will observe, learn and gain an understanding of a wide range of engineering skills and processes while under the instruction of skilled technical staff.
You will be able to:
• Demonstrate these skills and processes as the training period progresses by working independently or with a team
• Learn and understand the importance of Health and safety within the workplace
• Learn the fundamental technologies – Heavy Vehicle chassis design, engine, fuels, transmissions, hydraulic and air braking, etc.
• Develop the skills to construct or modify apparatus and instruments from verbal instructions and drawings
• Learn how to maintain workshop equipment and to keep it in good repair
Commitment and enthusiasm are a must and a passion for motor vehicles and physical work would be an advantage
You will need to be comfortable with a wide range of vehicles such as trucks, buses, agricultural machinery and plant equipment
Being a Heavy Vehicle technician requires a reasonable level of physical strength and stamina
Due to the location of the position, it is essential that you have a full UK driving licence or you live within an easy commutable distance to the location of the depot. Ideally, a minimum of GCSE Grade 3 or equivalent in English Language or Maths.
The company would aim to offer full-time employment to the successful candidate on completion of the Apprenticeship Scheme.
REMIT GROUP LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Remit Ltd
This is a Renault Heavy Vehicle Service & Maintenance Manufacturer Apprenticeship programme, delivered by Remit Training. Awarding Body: Institute of the Motor Industry (IMI) Training is delivered in the workplace and on block release at Remit’s dedicated Heavy Vehicle Academy in Derby.
Heavy vehicle service and maintenance technician
Level 3 (A level)