Salary: £17.15 an hour
Contract Type: Full Time
Hours: 40 hours a week min
Want to be part of an award-winning team that offers great hours, tool allowance, development opportunities, overtime, and fantastic company events?
Why not become an HGV Technician at RH Commercial Vehicles?
What’s in it for you?
- Up to £17.15 per hour – depending on qualification and experience
- 5 hours of overtime a week
- £1,500 tool allowance
- Opportunities for progression.
- Fantastic company events
- Company pension
- Sick Pay
- Wellness programme
- Onsite parking.
- Routine maintenance and repairs on all vehicles and trailers to DVSA standards.
- Diagnose and rectify any faults.
- Work on your own initiative to ensure cost-effective and safe repairs to an extremely high standard.
- Handling vehicles carefully and making sure all precautions are taken in the workshop or customer premises.
- Ensure all Health and Safety regulations and the Company safe systems of work and processes are adhered to at all times.
- Keep up to date with all relevant DVSA and product developments.
- Be receptive to training and participate in the ongoing development and continuous improvement of the business.
- Support and mentor our apprentices.
- Participate in site security requirements
- Complete work as directed by the Shift Supervisor, Workshop Foreman, or Dealer Point Manager.
The day to day…
- Working on rotating shifts for 40 hours a week.
- Early shift: Mon – Fri: 06:00 – 15:00
- Late Shift: Mon – Thursday: 15:00 – 00:00, Friday: 15:00 – 20:00
- Saturday: 08:00 – 12:00
To succeed, you’ll need…
- City & Guilds level 3, NVQ level 3, or equivalent – related to commercial vehicles.
- A valid full driving licence.
- Your own set of tools, but we will give you a tool allowance.
- To be an efficient, neat and experienced technician with an understanding of all vehicle makes, electronics and diagnostics.
- To be responsive and willing to develop your skills, yourself, and those around you.
- Excellent relationship skills with customers and colleagues.
- To be self-motivated to work and use your own initiative.
You’ll really hit the ground running if you have…
- A broad understanding of commercial vehicles
- Experience in using R2C
- An HGV and/ or forklift truck licence (not essential)
Who are RH Commercial Vehicles…?
With over 40 years of experience in the commercial vehicle market, we are the people with all the trucks and vans people need. We’re an official Renault Trucks and Isuzu Trucks dealer operating from six sites across the East Midlands.
We are a large and lively team of proud professionals, and our workshop team is the beating heart of our business. Within that team, you will be based at our Alfreton site.
Our HGV Technicians are responsible for maintaining commercial vehicles and trailers to DVSA standards. Being able to effectively process information, diagnose issues, and thrive in a physically and mentally exhilarating environment is where you come in!
To apply for the role, please submit your CV with a covering letter to Samantha.firstname.lastname@example.org, we would love to hear from you. If you would like to discuss any aspect of this position, then please contact Richard Bradbury on 01773 521 211