RH Commercial Vehicles have over 40 years’ experience in the commercial vehicle market. As part of the Renault Trucks network, we operate from six sites in the East Midlands. We are a large team of proud professionals who are dedicated to delivering a fast and dedicated service that customers can depend on. The Workshop team forms an integral part of our business.
As an HGV Technician, you will be responsible for effectively maintaining commercial vehicles and trailers to DVSA standards. Being able to effectively process information, diagnose issues, and work in a physically and mentally demanding environment is where you come in.
To succeed, you will need:
- A technical qualification related to commercial vehicles (City & Guilds level 3, NVQ level 3, or equivalent).
- A valid full driving license and you will be required to provide your own tools.
- A good knowledge of all vehicle makes and an understanding of electronics and diagnostics.
- To be an efficient, neat and disciplined commercial vehicle technician.
- Flexibility, being able to prioritise your own workload whilst supporting the team.
- To be responsive and willing to learn, receive training, developing both yourself and those around you. Supporting and mentoring our apprentices as they develop into qualified Technicians. is another important skill you will possess.
- Excellent relationship skills with both colleagues and customers alike, while understanding the importance of delivering a great service to suppliers, colleagues and customers.
- The ability and motivation to work on your own initiative.
You’ll really hit the ground running if you have:
- A broad understanding of commercial vehicles
- Experience in using R2C
- Volvo Group dealership experience
- A HGV License (not essential)
Once the job is yours, you will be asked to:
- Carry out routine maintenance and repairs on all makes of vehicles and trailers to DVSA and Company standards.
- Diagnose and rectify all types of faults using your experience and ability, working on your own initiative, ensuring cost-effective and safe repairs to an extremely high standard.
- Ensure that all vehicles worked on are handled carefully and that precautions are taken whilst in the workshop and/or customer premises.
- Ensure that Health and Safety regulations and the Company’s safe systems of work and processes are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure all jobs are recorded properly, appropriately and accurately recording times, ensuring all job cards and service sheets are actioned in the agreed timescales.
- Write up job cards and return parts correctly in a timely manner, correctly labelled.
- Maintaining high standards of housekeeping throughout the shift.
- Keep up to date with all relevant DVSA and product developments, be receptive to training and participate fully in the ongoing development and continuous improvement activities within the business.
- Be flexible in your approach and be an effective team player for the development of both you and the business.
- Participate in any site security requirements.
- Complete work as directed by the Shift Supervisor, Workshop Foreman or Dealer Point Manager at any time.
- Work on a shift rota between the hours of 8.30pm and 7am Tuesday to Friday, earning a competitive salary of circa £45,000 p.a with opportunities for overtime.